Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Birthday Week

Another birthday is coming up for me. It's the big 2-7 this year....wow...seriously? When did I get so old? So, this year I have the unique and awesome privilege of having my birthday on Easter! I'm super excited....especially because I can just forget it's my birthday and celebrate a greater celebration: Jesus' resurrection. I heard someone talk about how we often put the emphasis on Jesus' death and not so much on the resurrection....this year I want to reflect on His death but put more emphasis on the fact that He ROSE from the dead...He is alive!! It is a reason to celebrate and I will be doing just that on Sunday :)

But, to be completely honest, I'm tired this week and extremely unmotivated. A little discouraged by my post baby look and wanting a vacation from my thoughts. I think way too much these days....I used to talk too much and not think enough. Now I think too much and internalize most of it. I wish I could find a balance.

But, even though this week may be gloomy and a little depressing, I know that a celebration is coming. The most awesome celebration of the year and I really can't wait to give up my birthday this year to celebrate it :)

Oh, and because this is a super cute pic from a wedding Tristen and I went to this weekend:My parents and Tristen :) Super cute...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww what a sweetheart, I love his eyes! And I'll be thinking of you on your birthday, and hopefully having a baby on your birthday too! ;)

Rachel Farley said...

Thanks for sharing your heart Erika. I have no doubt you look smokin' hot and your husband is extremely happy that you are his sexy wife :)

Happy early birthday!
27 is great and I don't even have a kid! I think that 27 would be even better with a kid, just because it seems "right."

I think that it is so true that we need to focus on the resurrection. What good is his death if he didn't rise? Enjoy your celebration of new life and His glory!

You're wonderful!

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

OH FRIEND! From experience, the big 27 is TOTALLY rocking, so have no fear. :) And - I'm a "too much thinking" person also, so when you find that balance let me know! I love hearing your heart, and am SO glad you have a blog so I can know what's going on in your life. :)