Friday, April 1, 2011

The Infamous April Fool's Joke

Oh, you all know which one I'm talking about. For the single folks, they announce on facebook: I'm engaged!" But, all of us married folk know exactly which infamous April Fool's joke I'm talking about. The one that goes like this:

I'm pregnant!!

What!? Oh yeah....April Fools! Okay, so I didn't just use that April Fool's joke on all of you (did any of you fall for it though!?! Haha) however, I DID use this April Fool's joke last year.....on my sister-in-law, Lindsay. She had just announced her pregnancy a month before so I thought it would be oh so funny to "announce" mine. I got up early, saw her on Google talk and typed her "the news".

She laughed when I said it was my April Fool's joke and I thought I was oh so clever. However, the real joke was on me because a week or two later, I took a pregnancy test that confirmed that I actually WAS pregnant!

So, this year I opted for a less than clever plot against my husband. Smirking, I told him that his work called and said he had the day off....before he could even say "What? Are you serious?", I laughed too hard and said, "April Fools!" Yeah, lame I know. Maybe next year I'll come up with a good one....any ideas?

Well, Happy April Fool's everyone....the start of my FAVORITE month of the year :) (Just a little biased since it's my bday month :) Adios!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I like the month of April as well, although I'm sure I'll be a little biased too. :)