Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Phone Line Cut

Today I was in a scary movie. Haha, except, I wasn't exactly scared and the situation was an accident. But, still! I was leisurely looking at Better Homes and Gardens website today, trying to get ideas for my bathroom painting project when all of a sudden......no internet. "Hmm" I thought. Unplugging my internet cord, restarting my computer, and fiddling with the options on my computer didn't help. After a few minutes, I decided to call Aaron to see what he would say. I picked up the phone to......no dial tone? Nothing. Internet and phoneless, I tried to figure out what was wrong. 2 hours later, Aaron came home from his lunch break. We called our phone provider and they had no idea to what it could be.

4 hours later......
A funny lady from our phone provider called us while we were enjoying an afternoon at the lake. Through her laughter, she explained to us that our neighbors had cut our phone line! Honestly, a picture perfect scary movie scenario. They added a walk-out basement and forgot to check for those things....oops is a little understatement! Obviously, they got it fixed temporarily! Bottom Line: before doing anything to your house, check to make sure it won't affect your neighbors :)

No comments: