Thursday, July 31, 2008

Officially an Adult

I am now officially an adult. Most of you are probably thinking "It's about time you figured it out!", but I must tell you how. No, it's not because I'm married. Not because I have a real job. Not because I have a house or even a dog. No, I'm not having a baby. :) (just in case you were wondering) It's not even because I am 24 and past the "official adult age" of 18. No, the thing that has marked me as an adult is: I bought a dishwasher. And, I'm excited about it? I even used credit card reward money for a dishwasher?? Come on now. Only an ADULT would do that :) So, I am officially an adult. As a teenager with extra cash, I would have gone on a major shopping spree. College student, I would have gone on a road trip with my roommies. But, alas, now that I'm an adult...I buy dishwashers :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It's funny the things that make us feel like adults! I felt the same way last year when we moved into our house and had to buy a fridge and washer and dryer! :) Although, I do think that having a child would make you feel like an adult too!!! ;)

Mrs. Farley said...

Haha I read the baby thing wrong. I didn't read the not, and I got really excited. But, a dishwasher might be just as much work as a baby :D Or maybe not. But, dishwashers rock so I am excited for you!!

Amber said...

That's funny, Erika! The first time I realized I was an adult was at "Ladies Aid" at church when I drank coffee without lots of cream and sugar and LIKED IT! I told the ladies around me that I had officially become an adult. They laughed. I know how it feels!