Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween


Ahh...what a hilariously funny day we had at work today! It was a work day so no kids were there and we piled on the fun and laughter! I dressed up as Sarah Palin and my coworkers were: a clown, a 50's chic, a gangster, and a farmer :) We had such a blast! It was all fun and no work! Just kidding :) The only part that I really like about Halloween is dressing up. So, I've had my share of fun over the past few years. Other notable Halloween costumes:Freshman Year of College: Nuns

(we wore our stoles around our heads)

Last Year's Senior High Costume Party

Princess Leia

Senior Year of College

RA Staff-Wizard of Oz

The Wizard of Oz was probably my favorite along with Sarah Palin today. She might have to be my yearly costume, especially since she's hopefully going to be our next vp!

On an entirely different and extremely sad note, this day is not all fun and games. Today is the one year anniversay of my grandpa being killed in a pedestrian/auto accident. I still cannot believe he has been gone for a year and I miss him dearly. It has been a hard week as I've been processing it all over again. I know he is rejoicing with the angels right now and is in a place so much better than earth, but I still miss him and cannot wait to see him again.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I've been thinking about Grandpa Charlie all day today too -- and Grandma Julaine has been in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Erika, I hadn't checked your blog in a while!! Two things made me sad, first, I am sorry about your Grandpa. I lost my Grandpa over 20 years ago but he was always so much fun and I miss him still! Second, seeing the Cherokee Headstart staff made me miss working there! What a great bunch of coworkers!! Glad to see you had such a fun day at work! Have a good week! I love the Sarah Palin look! Karen J.

Amber said...

Erika, you are a "natural" at Sarah Palin! Grandma Julaine was at my house last weekend and I think she'd doing pretty good. I was actually happily surprised with how the weekend went. I miss her already though. I wish I lived close enough to go have tea anytime! I miss you too, Erika...hope to see you soon!