Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Today has been such a fun day. I love voting! There's just something about the dignity of it that makes me excited to vote. I am so thankful we still have a say in our government and are not under a dictatorship.

In preschool today, we taught our kids how to vote for something by having a pretend voting poll! It was absolutely hysterical to see the kids coming over and secretly marking their vote between an apple or an orange. Then, we kept telling them to tell their parents to vote tonight. As one little boy was leaving, he said, "Mom, the apple won. Don't forget to vote tonight!" Ahhh...training little citizens...that's what I like to see :)

Aaron and I had fun voting...I don't know if you're really supposed to talk while voting but we talked through almost all of it, asking "Did you vote for this? What does this mean? I've never even HEARD of these people!" The most important one was for president and we strongly support McCain/Palin (well, we strongly support Palin at least) so I suppose the rest of them don't matter quite as much! I pray that God would put the right people in and that His justice would be done. I cringe as I think of some of the things that could become law again if Obama is president, however, I put it in God's hands and trust that He has a plan. Let's gather together tonight and bathe this night in prayer!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We voted too -- it's so difficult with 2 year olds though. They obviously don't understand the concept, so we would had pictures and asked them, "Who do you want for President?" and they would point to one of the pictures. It was pretty cute. They were all very excited to have "I Voted" stickers like mine. :)