Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lock-In

I love lock ins. I mean, really, what other time would you play spoons at 4:00 in the morning and be laughing so hard you start crying? Or, what other time would pictionary be an all out war at 2:00 in the morning? I cannot even begin to tell you what an incredible night we had last night. It is kind of a blur since I have my day mixed up now, but we had such a great group of high schoolers and had a blast! We played dodgeball with strobe lights and a fog machine, played ultimate pictionary, did a "polar run" (NWC people, we don't quite have a hole in the ice that we can do a "polar plunge" but we made them run outside in the freezing cold :) Somewhat similiar!)
It was a hilariously fun night!

So, I had a thought. Why can't adults have lock-ins anymore? I mean, how fun would that be? I think we're all just a little too comfortable in our beds...oh, yeah, and most of you have kids. :) Any married without children, we definitely need to have a lock in...or at least stay up until 1:00 playing spoons :) Until that happens, I'm pretty content having fun with the high schoolers :)
*I finally downloaded some pics from the lock-in

1 comment:

jenny said...

Ok - I used to love lock-ins too! But now... yes, I love my bed time way tooooo much! I think it has something to do with being a mommy and knowing that my daughter doesn't care if I got enough sleep or not last night... she's up for the day anyway! :-)