Friday, January 29, 2010

An Update....

Sometimes I look back at my blog posts and realize I don't mention a thing about what God is doing in my life. Maybe it's just because I assume everyone knows He has been doing great things or maybe I don't want to be churchy...I don't know the reason but I thought about it this weekend and knew I needed to write about how God is shaping me during this time of our life.

Over this past month, I have gone through so many emotions...happy, sad, discouraged, hopeful, regretful, frustrated, and angry. While my emotions right now are overjoyed and hopeful, that's not why I'm writing :) Instead, I wanted to share how God has been using this time to bring me closer to Him.

As you all know throughout my last few weeks of blogs, so many things have gone wrong for us. We felt like we were constantly waiting and things kept falling apart. Although I was angry at times, I still had this immense peace that God had everything under control. In fact, I can say that I am overjoyed that God let us go through struggles because it has in fact brought me closer to Him. I have been reminded of how much I need to surrender every day to God's plan instead of my own. As a couple, Aaron and I are relying on God with every bit of strength in us and He has given us so much hope and is bringing things together in his perfect timing.

A few blessings:
We feel so blessed to have found a church and a wonderful small group that accepted us right away! They are wonderful! Also, another blessing is....because we don't have a house payment, we are able to save like crazy and follow Dave Ramsey's money advice. We are so blessed to have a roof over our heads and wonderful parents who are helping us out by letting us stay here!

Third, I've had a breakthrough with what I'm supposed to be doing with my life. You could call it taking it "year by year" and for this particular year, 2010, I don't feel called to go back to school to further MY education. I instead feel very called to get my husband through school. Then, I thought about what I want to do during this time. I still love working with kids. And, the big reason why I don't want to be a teacher is because of the time it can take away from family. It helped me clarify what I want to do, so now I'm pursing a job that will work with kids, provide for us, but not be a full time teacher. I'm still on the job search but very very encouraged that God will provide :)

Finally, although I hate talking about finances, I do want to vaguely share that we were immensely blessed today with 2 very unexpected checks in the mail :) God is very much showing His glory through providing financially for us and I give Him all the praise!! :) So, there you have it....an update on us :) Thank you so much for the prayers....I can feel that people are praying for us right now!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

God is definitely amazing and always provides in ways we never imagined! I'm so happy for you guys that you're able to save money and not have a mortgage/rent payment! :)

Adventures with Claire, Jason, and Jonas!! said...

Yay for that! Blessings on the job hunt!!