Monday, June 7, 2010

12 Week Update

I promise that not every post will be about pregnancy :) BUT, today was a little significant because I had my 12 week appointment!

As you know from my previous post, I've been sick and not holding alot down in my stomach. So, I was just plain nervous about this appointment...

The nurse came and got me, put me on the scale, wrote down the number, and then checked my records, "Ooooo...hmmm. You've lost 4 pounds since last time." What?? I LOST four pounds? That can't be! Especially because at my first appointment I learned that I had already lost 4 pounds since an appt. in March but the nurse assured me it was normal at only 8 weeks. But losing 8 pounds in the first trimester? I was shocked to say the least. Aren't you supposed to GAIN weight when you're pregnant? I think the nurse saw my shock and uneasiness at the news.

"We'll just have to make up for it in the second trimester and try to get you better in the meantime. You poor girl" She had so much compassion in her voice that I just wanted to cry :)

My doctor is around my age and I already just love working with her! She's fresh out of med school and is so intelligent and confident. She put my mind at ease when we heard that the baby is completely healthy and has a normal heartbeat right now. Now I just need a little work to ensure that I'm healthy too :) So she put me on medicine, told me to call in a week if nothing stayed down, and try to eat!!

I know that in about a few month's time I will truly LAUGH when I can barely bend over because I'm so huge :) But, right now, it's Operation: Gain Weight :)

P.S. My outfit is SUPER deceiving but I really wanted to look preggo today :) So, empire waist it was...someday there will be a bump?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE pregnancy updates! Keep 'em coming! :) I'm a little jealous that you're losing weight, all I did was gain weight the ENTIRE time! By the end, I weighed more than Ethan...it was not pretty. :) But as long as the baby is healthy, that's good! Hope you feel better VERY soon!

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Oh, you poor girl! Hang in there, you'll be fat in no time. :)

Erika said...

Michelle-I know, it's kind of a GOOD thing, right? :) If I weigh more than Aaron then I think they will be REALLY worried :) Haha...gaining like 110 pounds :) That would be such a weird feeling!!

Nicole-Thanks soooo much for praying! Honestly, I can just feel the prayers right now and I'm so encouraged! And, I can't wait to be fat...I never thought I would EVER say that!! :) haha! Praying for YOU as you're nearing the end!

Scott Lovell said...

Erika - Jodi was so sick with Meredith that she was bedridden for nearly 2 months. She lost over 20 lbs before she gained 1 pound. Hopefully you won't be as sick as long as Jodi was....but it WILL get better. Just keep telling yourself that. Once you get over the sickness, you will hardly remember what it felt like...doesn't mean you won't forget...Jodi reminds me quite often. LOL

Scott Lovell

Cress Press said...

Hey there kiddo! After three kids I can say you are normal. I have gotten sick for 5+ months with each of them and generally lose about 15-25 pounds. With the last I lost 32. So believe me you will gain in the next six months. I feel for what you are going through but it is all worth it. God knows what you need and what the baby needs and He will watch over you both. Hang in there. And some words of advice. Just relax and go with the flow...you will enjoy it more then if you worry all the time.