Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Needing a Refresher

*sigh* I want to write this post without complaining so please know that I'm joyful through this all and soooo thankful for everything that God has blessed me with.....

Right now, I just need a day off. A day off from having days off. Last Thursday was the last day of school for me, meaning my summer break has begun. Usually I looked forward to having my summer off but this summer is very different. Instead of thinking about the relaxing time, I've been soooo sick and proving wrong the people who said that morning sickness gets better the farther along you are. It's only gotten worse and every morning I tell myself "Next week I'll be 12 weeks...it's better after that, right?"....Hmmm...we'll see....

I've needed to start thinking about the future and instead of having a summer off, I am feeling the need to get a summer job to start to save up for the future. I suppose not having my own house and thus, nothing to do has a little bit to do with it as well but I just feel like I'm in a funk lately. Discouraged and sad, soooo sick and no energy to do things, just plain not like myself.

Again, I'm feeling sooooo thankful but I don't have the energy to express it fully and am in need of something refreshing. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Erika, I'm praying for you! I know exactly how you feel with the sickness. We found out we were pregnant at 6 weeks and I started feeling sick at 8 weeks. Everyone told me it would get better at the start of the second trimester but it seemed like that was SO far away! Just remember that you have a tiny little life growing inside you!!! :) Maybe try to get some fresh air, go for some walks and enjoy being outside. Or if you're feeling the need to get some work done, maybe pick a project that isn't TOO overwhelming and is something you can get done before the baby comes. Maybe start a baby book? I'm not too good with creative ideas, but that's my 2 cents! haha :) Hope you feel better VERY soon!

jenny said...

I'm right there with you. I was sick until week 16 with Bella and I'm hoping that's what it will be like with this one. It is SOOO hard to feel like puking all the time. Totally takes all the energy and oomph out of you! Don't really have any suggestions, but really... it probably will get better. Few people actually feel sick the whole time. Good luck lady! And yes, I'm due about a week after you! How crazy!

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

You poor girl - I threw up for a weekend (totally baby un-related, of course), and thought I was going to die. I'm so sorry you've been so sick, and will definitely lift you and your tummy/emotions up...