Thursday, January 24, 2013

Grandma's Birthday

My sweet grandma turned 85 last weekend!! My family (aunts, uncles, cousins, and all their  kids!) celebrated her birthday and it was SOOO much fun! I grew up living close to this side of the family but we don't get to see each other nearly as often anymore.....so to have the chance to catch up on a beautiful January day was just perfect :)
 
The birthday girl! :)
 
Grandma with one of her many great-grandchildren. I think I could have taken home any child from the party and not realized until I got home that it wasn't my own child! They all look SO similar! But, this IS Tristen :)
The newest baby, Coby! :)
All the older cousins LOVED the babies....and I didn't mind one bit having a break while they played away with my kids! :)
 
There are MANY more pics of the day but I relied on others to take them :) But, maybe these give you a taste of a great day with family, celebrating my grandma's birthday :)
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been taking my New Year's Resolutions seriously this year and have already been excited to be committed to some goals. Simplifying is KEY I've found! And, upping my energy level has been the thing that has made the most difference. I've committed to exercising every day and as I exclaimed to my husband yesterday, "I have SOOO much energy since I started really exercising!". My goal is to be in as good of shape (if not better) than I was when I played basketball in high school. And, to get good at kickboxing.....boxing is such a great exercise and I've always been intrigued by it...plus it's a crazy good workout :)
 
Hope you all have a great Thursday! And, if you're feeling tired and unmotivated, do some jumping jacks....I guarantee you'll have energy then!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh I love the picture of you and Julaine!! What a fun day, I'm so glad the majority of us were there!!! :)