Thursday, September 11, 2014

Conversation with my Firstborn

Tristen: Mom, can I read to Connor?
Me: Sure, bud.
Tristen: Okay. Once upon a time there were lots and lots and lots of animals. There were sharks and tigers and llamas and (on and on and on....flipping through every page in an animal sticker book)
Tristen: See, Connor? See? (as he took a sticker off the page and put it in front of his eye and then proceeded to stick it on his cheek)
5'ish minutes later.....
 
Tristen: Do you like that, Connor? Mom, does Connor like sharks?
Me: He probably does, Tristen.
Tristen: Connor's so cute. He's such a cute baby, Mom. (to Connor) You're so cute.

Tristen: Mom?
Me: Yes, Tristen.
Tristen: I like my brother Connor. Can I hug him? Can I give him a kiss?

This was yesterday's conversation before naptime. It was pretty precious and I got some of it on video as well. Tristen was so little when Aubrey was born so doting upon a younger sibling just didn't happen. So, Tristen has especially surprised me with his gentle and caring ways with Connor. He loves his younger brother and it's amazing to see his firstborn qualities coming out. He's a leader and it's starting to show in our family.
 
Anyway, you may have noticed a significant increase in the number of posts recently (writing more than once a month! What!?!). With my husband's new schedule and half my house packed in my garage at the moment, I've been trying to figure out what to do late at night while waiting up for my husband. I packed away all my hobbies except my camera and computer....so here I am, on my computer posting pictures :)
 
On that note, it's time to go back to being a mom and putting my newborn to bed. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute conversation! Love Connor's onsie ;)

Erika said...

I love putting him in that outfit, Sarah!! Thanks so much again!

AmberNDahl said...

I love this post! So sweet. I can see Tristen being an awesome older brother!