Tuesday, September 16, 2014

In the Next Few Weeks

Remember when I mentioned how brutal the recovery from Connor's birth has been? I've been sick off and on since then and was starting to wonder what was up. Well, in the last week I got some answers as to why I've been so sick.

I need to have gallbladder surgery.

Not that I want to have surgery but it's nice to actually have an answer for my constant sickness.

As you can imagine, it's a bit overwhelming. Trying to take care of 3 kids and keep our house spotless while recovering from surgery would be just too much. So, we're putting off the surgery as long as we can and hoping our house sells in the meantime. It would make everything just a little easier!

My friends and family have been so amazing throughout the last 8 weeks since Connor's birth. I think I've cooked only 1-2 times in the last 8 weeks because of all the meals people have dropped off and the freezer meals that have been made for us. Friends have taken our older 2 kids for a few hours and have been a listening ear for us....I'm so grateful for all the support.

We were able to squeeze in a bonfire on Sunday evening. SO perfect. There is something so therapeutic about bonfires! It may have been the first time we've actually relaxed since putting our house on the market :)

Cuddles with this little guy! He liked his first bonfire :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Praying for you!!!

Erika said...

Thank you so much, Michelle!

AmberNDahl said...

Didn't realize all that was going on and I am praying for you too! I think you are wise to hold off selling your house until after surgery (unless it sells anyway, then that is great). Praying!!