Friday, September 5, 2014

Preschool

On Tuesday we started preschool!!! I did a loose preschool schedule last year (a trial run!) but this year Tristen is ready for an actual schedule. One thing I learned last year is teaching preschool to 20 students is WAY different than teaching your own child! I held myself to a crazy high standard....this year I'm following a basic curriculum and getting as many things from Pinterest as I can (as opposed to trying to make everything from scratch last year!)
I'm excited for the fresh start!
This little one LOVES to learn at the young age of 2. She's into letters and wants to do everything that Tristen does. I decided to just include her as well and already she's loving it!

Our attempt at a first day of school picture :) Maybe I'll try again next week! Ha!
 
The first day we filled out an "All About Me" booklet. It was so fun to hear the kids tell me what their favorite things were and Tristen decided he wanted to work at a Zoo when he's older. Speaking of the Zoo, we went to 2 Zoos in the last week. My kids LOVE the Zoo!
 
At the Zoo on Labor Day
 
We still have house showings and are still patiently waiting for our house to sell. Having preschool and fall activities starting up again has helped but it would be SO great if it sells before the winter months! I'll keep ya'll posted. Happy Friday!

2 comments:

AmberNDahl said...

Cute pictures of your kiddos! Aubrey in that cute little lady bug outfit melted my heart. She reminds me of you! (Mister T started preschool too this fall at Little Lights Preschool. He was hesitant to go at first but has always come out with a big smile on his face & said he had lots of fun.) Still praying your house will sell. Hard to wait and be patient, I'm sure. The right buyer will come... (hurry, buyer!). :)

Erika said...

No way! How can our little boys be old enough for preschool already!?! I can just see his big smile when he came back home :)

Aubrey's outfit is one of my faves...and you can tell from all the pictures I have her wearing it in!