Monday, September 22, 2014

Such a gift


Today I fell sick yet again so I made a decision to take the earliest possible surgery date to remove my gallbladder. Less than ideal (we were hoping to wait until our house sold) but I feel relieved about getting it out of the way and finally feeling somewhat normal again. *sigh* I think we've figured out a plan for my recovery and our house selling can wait! (or maybe it will sell before then?? Hmm...) So, next week it is.

In 2 days, this guy will be 2 months old. Wow! That went SO fast! His little life has been such a gift and has been a source of comfort to me. I don't have any wise words or deep thoughts today...just that I'm so thankful for the last 2 months with him :)

4 comments:

AmberNDahl said...

I'm sorry you've been feeling so poorly! I was just thinking of you yesterday & praying for you. You're sweet, uncomplaining spirit is such an example to me. I will be praying for your upcoming surgery, Erika! Love you, dear cousin!

AmberNDahl said...

Also, that little guy is so cute! You've captured his eyes so beautifully!

Erika said...

Thank you, thank you for the prayers! I've been sick so many times in my life I just figured this bout of sickness was normal until my husband told me the intensity this time was not normal from a medical standpoint (nice to have a nurse in the house!) I'm glad he influenced me to get it checked out! But, ugh, surgery..not fun...

AmberNDahl said...

No doubt. So glad that Aaron figured that out - you must have a high pain tolerance! Will keep praying! - Amber