Thursday, August 14, 2008

Appreciating Old School TV

We are one of the few people in the world that does not have TV. Well, we have a TV, but do not get any stations. At times it's wonderful and at other times it's frustrating. We tried antennas, digital converters, etc. but nothing worked on our brand new LCD HDTV. I was more than a little bummed that I couldn't watch any of the Olympics, but I have been watching as much as I can on Youtube. Today, I had a random idea. "I wonder if our old tube TV would pick up any stations" I thought. Determined, I set to find out. I carried our TV up from our basement, hooked up the antennas, plugged in the converter box and searched for channels. One channel found. It was none other than.....the Olympics :) I have never appreciated old school tvs more than I did at that one moment. Later on I tried searching again and now have three stations...not bad for a person used to nothing. Has anyone else had trouble with the newer TV's not picking up stations? It seems so strange to me, but I am definitely appreciating my tube TV at this moment. And, it's just in time for Shawn Johnson's individual gymnastics tonight :) Yea :)

2 comments:

jenny said...

We have the same kind of TV! It's small, but really thick, with a VCR built in! :-) But all we got to do is hook up our antennas and we have a couple scratchy stations too, including the Olympics! :-)

Erika said...

Yea for tube tv's!! :) I have mine up on my kitchen counter now and it's been so fun to watch the Olympics! I'm glad we're in the same boat! :)