Wednesday, August 20, 2008

End of Summer....Beginning of School


Yesterday a smile crept upon my face as I drove past a playground full of elementary students....ahhh, the sweet smell of back to school always makes me happy! I remember one of my classmates once saying, "You want to be a teacher? That means you have to go to school even after you graduate! Why would you want to do that?" Haha...it's just something about watching children start in one place and seeing their growth throughout the year that makes me WANT to go to work everyday :) This past weekend, I celebrated my last weekend of summer by spending some time with my parents, grandma, and cousins! It was a relaxing and great weekend! Today was my first day of inservice but we won't have students until September....I cannot wait to meet my new students!! So, I guess that today marks the end of summer for me and the beginning of another schoolyear...and I feel like a giddy schoolgirl on her first day :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Have fun Erika! I too love the first day of school. It's full of excitement. Keep my mom in line! Don't let her get to crazy. =)