Friday, September 24, 2010

Come, October, Come :)

This week has been a little blah....I kept trying to think of a blog post this week but nothing came. Instead, my feet were swollen from working, my brain shut off on Monday, and I scared my husband by being 4 hours late coming home today (I'll explain in a bit)

But, today I thought of a wonderful thought: It's almost October :) Not that I'm trying to wish Sept. away, but I will love October for these 4 reasons:

1) It's by far my favorite month of the year
2) My niece is coming oh so soon!!!! Perhaps by next week?
3) I have two cousins getting married which means seeing extended family 2 times!!!
4) I start the third trimester!!Almost 28 weeks!!!

Ahhh....I'm excited :) Things are good....even after a blah week :)

So, back to how I scared my husband.....
7:30 AM: I tell my hubby goodbye and nonchalantly tell him I'm working an 8 hour day today to fill in for my coworker. I thought he heard....he thought I said, "See you at noon" like every other Friday
Noon: Aaron calls my phone, no answer (I can't bring it into work)
3:00pm: Aaron tries to occupy his time so he doesn't worry....tries to call my work, no answer (we were outside go figure!), tries to figure out what to do about my absence, hears a firetruck down the road and thinks the worst
4:00pm: 8 missed calls later, I call my husband, thinking that my sister-in-law had her baby (with 8 missed phone calls, I thought something was up!) Poor guy!

Although I felt awful for having scared my husband, I did feel very loved when I was greeted with a huge hug, a kiss, and a "Don't ever scare me like that again!" Goes to show what a "minor" miscommunication can do!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Rachel Farley said...

oh no!! I bet he was ready to drive straight to your work and come see what was up.

October sounds like lots of fun!!!

You're looking so cute!!

Enjoy your weekend!