Thursday, September 2, 2010

Little House


This has been a long week. No particular reason why (just good ole' drama) but I just wanted to escape all responsibilities this week and forget about how LONG this week was going. So, I did what I love to do....immerse myself in a really good book. I looked around my house for all the books that I've only read 2 times or so and found that my "library" is getting slim. I finally looked at my children's books and found my Little House on the Prairie set. Beautiful....

I ate up every word last night and WANT to be in Laura's world. I want a simple life in which we have to grow our own food, trade supplies, and get just enough fabric to make a simple dress. Ahhhh....I only wish. I've been wanting a simple life so much lately that I've tried to think up ideas of how to be more frugal in living. If only I could build a log cabin and build my own fire to cook over.....I would finally be the definition of frugal!

But, alas, sometimes it feels like we're trapped in this world of buying everything "precooked" and clothes already made and while the convenience IS nice, I only wish we could have a glimmer of what it would be like to do without.

Those are my thoughts lately....wanting to be more frugal and finding inspiration from Laura Ingalls Wilder :)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

What a coincidence! I've been working on re-reading the whole Laura Ingalls Wilder series again this summer myself ~ still have one more to go until I've been through them all again. Great books!! :-)