Monday, January 17, 2011

January, Oh, January

Last night I declared to my husband that January has to be the longest month in the year! I love snow and the cold BUT, there gets a point where the cold gets too unbearable. And, it's there for me.....come on February...you are always so much warmer to me! I'm trying to hurry January along by thinking Valentine's Day is just around the corner (hence the new blog background)

But, this January isn't all bad....I mean, I get to hang out with Tristen all day, warm up delicious frozen meals that fantastic people like my mom, mother-in-law. and people from church stocked us up with before Tristen was born, and cuddle up on the couch with a warm blanket and hot chocolate. *sigh* Sounds cozy, eh?

AND, I get to play this new game:
I got this for Aaron for Christmas but we finally opened it up this past weekend when we were freezing cold and bored. And, oh.my.goodness. SO much fun and sooooo addicting! It's a card/strategy/random game. Hard to explain because it's like nothing we've ever played before. I would highly recommend it!

Well, onto another cold day in January....Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, everyone!

7 comments:

Rachel Farley said...

Sounds like a great way to spend cold days :)

Lindsey said...

I agree! I think January is the coldest month too ~ probably because the holidays are over and it's pretty much the "middle" of winter... Glad you and Tristen are staying nice and cozy warm together!! Love the new blog header too!! :-)

{Elsa} said...

is it as fun as killer bunnies???

Aaron said...

Dominion is another whole ball game, my fellow bunny killa Elsa. We still haven't found a Killer Bunny replacement for you two yet :)

Michelle said...

Love the new blog look!

Grant Hanson said...

What are you talking about Aaron? We're open for some killer bunnies anytime! You're just afraid to come over here because we always win!

Erika said...

Grant, I was thinking the same thing! He forgot how much Jen creamed him last time...I think he's scared :) You guys need to play Dominion with us...it's way fun! And, a killer bunnies night needs to be planned...maybe after Baby Hanson is born!