Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Update and Job Change

I kept attempting to write an update but just couldn't quite find the words to write. But, here I go....

These last two weeks have flown by and I can't believe how well they've gone! Among the most common questions we've received have been: How is he sleeping? Are you (meaning Aaron and I) getting any sleep? How is Sadie doing with the new baby?

So, I'll answer these questions if you're wondering and then try to talk about something non-baby'ish....although it's hard to do these days!

How is he sleeping? Like a champ....I almost fear writing that because it could change in a matter of days but ever since the third night at home, he has slept the night away and usually only wakes up when I wake him up for feedings. I think we're getting just a bit spoiled with this first one....which leads into the next question....

How are we sleeping? Amazingly well. Again, I fear writing this because I know it could change but we both get at least 7-8 hours a night. *gasp* I know....I was thinking I would be living off of 2-3 (which could come in the future). In the meantime, I'll take my 7-8 hours even though it's interrupted for feedings.

How's Sadie doing? Just fine and dandy :) She was scared of him at first but is taking a "liking" to him....meaning she will at least sit on the same couch and let his feet touch her. She's doing just fine :)

So, all in all, we have a very content, very quiet baby. And, we know that it might change so we're enjoying every second of this "newborn" stage....a stage I never thought I would grow to love (yes, you all were right...it IS different with your own!) I'm just loving all his new noises and movements....the video camera is out a lot in our house now :)

Okay, onto non-baby news...well, sort of non-baby....I've officially resigned from my position at the preschool. I was advised to do so after Tristen was actually here "just in case" so now it's "official" official. Woah, I just realized how many quotation marks I just used.....sorry :) So, I'm officially a stay-at-home mom!

So, another new journey as I leave the work world and enter the stay-at-home mom world....I already know I need outlets (as I love to stay busy) so I'm writing a mental list of things that could be outlets that would give me the time away I need yet help me not get too overcommitted as Tristen is my main priority now. Any ideas of good outlets? I would love ideas :)

Well, that's our life lately :) Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Erika! I feel like our "hyperness" is very similar, so I'm REALLY excited to hear how you adjust to being a stay-at-home mom! You'll have to make sure and let us know what works. I'm SO glad things have been going so well!

Rachel Farley said...

A mommy you are :)

I am really happy that you are going to be able to stay home. That is wonderful!!

I think the mall and shopping for new things is a good outlet... oh wait... that is a bad idea :)

Find other moms with babies and have parties. Then, when he is older he can get together and play and go on adventures and to the library.

Hugs to you lovely!

Michelle said...

I'm so excited you're staying home with Tristen! You won't regret it, that's for sure. Even though at times it's been hard for us, money-wise, to have me stay home with Keagan, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Every moment is worth it. They're only young for so many years!

Since the video camera is out so much at your house, I think you should upload some videos! I know Keagan would LOVE to see baby Tristen, and I would too! :)

Lindsey said...

What exciting news, Erika! Enjoy this new season of life as a full time stay-at-home mommy! (I am waaaayyyy jealous! Being a stay-at-home mom is my dream someday! Hee hee!! :-) So happy for you, dear friend!

Cress Press said...

hahaha...oh Erika! Congrats on the good choice to stay home. As far as outlets go...hahaha...after awhile going to the bathroom alone will be an outlet. But mostly just do things you enjoy and bring the baby along...going for walks, grocery shopping, story hour at the library, all the things you liked before do it and include the baby. But be sure to have some mommy time too.