Monday, August 15, 2011

If The Camera Battery Didn't Die....

I would have captured our most recent adventure to Ames/Des Moines......

I would have taken pictures of us.....

*Walking downtown Ames and seeing Iowans voting in the Straw Poll (ummm, yeah, probably didn't pick the BEST weekend to visit Aaron's brother in Ames....it was just a LITTLE busy. Oh well, totally worth it!)

*Walking along the beach at the Saylorville Lake and SINKING into the sand! It felt like quick sand! We got pretty dirty and our shoes took quite the beating. Again, totally worth it!

*Watching House Hunters until all hours of the night.....seriously, I never get sick of that show.

*Sitting in the pew at Valley Church on Sunday morning, listening to my friend Sarah sing beautifully!

*Laughing pretty much non-stop for 3-4 hours, catching up with friends and family members.

My heart is full and happy from a weekend away and pictures can't capture that :) But, I'm still pretty bummed that my camera was dead when we got there and no way to charge it up. But, because posts are more fun with pictures, I'll put another one up from LAST weekend when I took Tristen on his first "camping" trip....A night in a motor home with my parents counts as camping, right? :)
Happy Monday all!!

4 comments:

Brian said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!

Brian said...

Opps! Signed in as my husband :)

- Rachel

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

AHH! You were in Ames and I didn't get to see you! Next time let me know, we'll come where you are! Glad it was such a great weekend! :)

Erika said...

I'll do that, Nicole!! It would be SO fun to meet up!! And, it was a fabulous weekend with LOTS of laughter!