Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sappy Romantical Day

I'm feeling incredibly sappy these days. I'm usually a pretty romantic-minded person but have become all too practical in the last few years. But, this week I want to be romantical (a word my husband tried to convince me was a word and I wouldn't believe him....I looked it up and it is a word) I want to:

1) Watch chick flicks that have a SWEET love story....hard to come by these days so I'll settle for my oldies but goodies.

2) Watch the sunrise and the sunset.....maybe on the same day?

3) Have a picnic in the park

4) Walk along the beach....as the sun is setting of course :)

5) Stargaze

7) Go berry picking

8) Make cookies

9) Pick flowers from my garden

10) Sit on a dock and look out at a lake.....as the sun is setting again

11) Swing on a tire swing

12) Listen to really sad piano music....wait, I'm doing that right now

13) Go on an old-fashioned train

14) Go on a horse-drawn carriage ride...over a bridge....might as well make it at sunset again. Everything is better at sunset :)

What are "romantical" things you like to do?

1 comment:

{LKK} said...

Hmm....so romantical is actually a word? I thought he had made it up, too!

I would add to your list:
+eating fresh berry pie (from berries I hand picked) in a cool shady garden with my favorite friends
+Having a picnic in a prairie, of course wearing a sundress
+dancing with my hubby at a fancy-schmancy party
(I assume its okay to dream a bit?)
+ride my old horse on a hillside with a stream to walk through


reality:
+make dinner with the man and eat it, too
+sit with a book, coffee, and pastry by a breezy window on a rainy day (and the cat on my lap)
+write and illustrate a childrens book in a lush green field somewhere
+dance with my baby girl to some romantical music
+sit on the back porch in the cool night breeze with my hubby