Wednesday, August 24, 2011

No Wonder

With a pile of textbooks like the ones above, it's no wonder I haven't seen much of my husband all week. And, it's only the first week of school. December 2013, can you come soon....please?? *sigh*

I'm feeling just a tad bit lonely these days. Unfortunately all the friends, family, and children in the world cannot replace the relationship of a husband. While those relationships have definitely helped distract me from my alone times, I felt a little overwhelmed today to think that this will be the new normal for the next 2 1/2 years. Sometimes I just want to fast forward and be done with this chapter but I know that God has us in this particular season in life for a reason. Waiting, persevering, relying on Him for our future, trusting that He will provide, having our security come from Him.....all GOOD things but sometimes a little overwhelming.

If I can just get through this week, I think it will start going fast. Why is the first week always the slowest? Well, off to find something to do until the hubby gets home from work.....*sigh*

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I need to come and visit you one of these days! Do you have any days open the next few weeks??? I should drive over with the boys and spend a day with you! :)

Erika said...

I would LOVE that :) I'll shoot you an e-mail with some dates that would work!