Monday, October 24, 2011

New Weight!

We're finally out of the 16 pound range!!

18 pounds
12 ounces


Yay! He's in the 13th percentile now (instead of the 1 percentile) and is back on the growing curve, something that was concerning at his last appointment.

We were pretty sure he had at least gained a pound but we were VERY excited to see that he not only gained a pound, but almost 2 1/2! The doctor was very happy and had no concerns whatsoever so we are in the clear now! :)

Hope you're all having a wonderful Monday....we've been quite busy around here these days but maybe soon I'll do a catch up post again. I've been sewing like mad this weekend (I procrastinated a little too long with mine and Aaron's costumes) and need to put the finishing touches on my costume and start on Aaron's. When I wasn't sewing, I was hanging out with family since my parents came up to help with house projects and Aaron's relatives were here for a ladies' craft weekend. SO....we've been busy with FUN things!! :)

5 comments:

jenny said...

Yay for Tristen!!

So funny you posted this, because I just took Summer to her 9-mos (which is really her 10-mos) check up and she hasn't gained anything since her 6-mos check up!! Still at 16 lbs! And I have no clue why, as she eats like a banchee and still nurses 4x a day!

I'm implementing cows milk... maybe that'll beef her up! Any other tips??

Erika said...

How crazy!! Good call on the cow's milk...I started giving him formula after I nursed him in the morning and at night and sometimes he eats an extra 3-4 ounces of formula at those two feedings! That's the only tip I have because it seemed to help but the cow's milk would have the same effect I'm sure! My doctor also told me to feed him avocados now because of all the calories...so I'm going to start with the avocados! :) Hope she starts to gain...crazy 16 pound mark!! Maybe it's a December baby thing :)

jenny said...

Ya, Summer WILL NOT TAKE formula, much less a bottle. So... I'm trying a sippy cup. She also hates avocados. Hmmm... the dr. said cow's milk would be a good suppliment. Thanks! P.S. - your boy is too cute. I think we should get these two to meet. :)

Erika said...

Bummer! I haven't tried avocados with Tristen so we shall see how that goes...especially for a boy who hates a simple food like bananas! I agree about the two of them meeting :)

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Way to go Tristen!