Monday, October 17, 2011

Today's Wish

Today I wish....

That I lived in an apartment full of friends and family

....Then I could hop on over to my friend's and family's apartments and chat about life

....And I could clear up any misunderstanding and hurt we have ever had in life and move on to a healthy relationship in which we forgive and forget


I wish....

That I could fully express how much each friend/family in my life has meant to me.

....And that through each person, I have truly learned lessons that have molded me into who I am today.

Today, I wish.....

That I could....
*Relive 3rd grade and have a slumber party with friends
*Go on family vacations with my family where we all slept in a car because hail was pounding our tent
*Relive Christmas with a house full of aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and parents all snuggled into one house.
*Return to high school and do the funniest, most random things with my brother and our friends.
*Be a first year camp counselor, meeting friends and campers who would pop up in the most unique ways later on in life
*Relive college and enjoy every second of community I felt at NWC
*Sing in college choir and travel to Europe!

In case you can't tell, I'm having major "missage" lately for the past. But, as I had a bonfire with my husband tonight and looked at the stars up above, I thought about how often I wanted THIS. The life that I have right now. Throughout each of these events, I would think "I can't wait to be married. I can't wait to have children. I can't wait to go on adventures with my husband. I can't wait to have a house. etc.."

And that, my friend, is exactly what I'm doing right now in my life. Even though I wish I could have both sometimes (live in the present while reliving the past), I know that's not how life works. Before I know it, Tristen will be a teenager, my life will be busy with him and any other children the Lord gives to us and I will miss THIS time in life....this slow, sometimes mundane, sometimes lonely time that I'm living in right now. This beautiful time of seeing Tristen's eyes light up when he experiences things for the first time, the way in which he explores objects and the awe in his eyes because his little world is so big to him, the ways in which I can be encouraged that you don't need much to be happy......I DO love this time in life. And, just like the past, there WILL be hard times and lonely times (even amidst all the community of NWC, there were plenty of lonely times!), but I pray that I don't ever take advantage (like I did in the past) of these precious years of being a young mother and wife.

*sigh* I feel so grateful to have such a full life at the young age of 27....and so thankful for the people and experiences that God has put into my life already. :)

Okay, those are my thoughts for the night. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ahhh, I love this post. I'm right there with you. I often want to relive the wonderful times I've had and yet I remember always wanting what I have right now. To be married, have children, have a home, be 'grown up.' We are definitely blessed! :)