Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Update, Update!

Time for an update. I just got finished with a MONSTER of a project and I'm exhausted and done for the night. Tonight I fixed mistakes on and finished up my Halloween costume....which I might add, I was about to throw away last night. I made a MAJOR mistake in it yesterday but didn't realize until I thought it was finished and then I saw the mistake. I didn't see that it had a collar which made the whole dress look weird but I kept thinking it would fix itself with the overlay dress. Well, it didn't! I literally started ripping the overlay dress apart because it was so bad and I SO wanted to throw away my sewing machine and never do another project again!!....Do you blame me? I worked 4 hours on the dress, found out I did it wrong, and then I had to rip it apart? Ha! What a crazy project to undertake!! Thankfully the main dress was fine, I added the collar and redid the overlay....and, it's DONE!! Now onto Aaron's costume which will be easy and then we're ready for Saturday. No wonder Halloween costumes are only once a year....it gives us just enough time to forget how much work they are before we decide to make them again!! So, there's an update on the Halloween costumes!

How am I doing on not spending any money?? Well, actually not too bad. It's really not that hard for me since I'm already pretty frugal. I've had to break it once or twice for things I've deemed important but really, it's been easy and it makes me think twice before even going to a store. So, it's going well and I'm almost done!

Hmm....I can't think of any other updates....Aaron's been busy with school and just got done with a hard, intense week of tests. I think his fall break is coming up? Hopefully soon! And, Tristen's new "toy" has been this:He LOVES the piano these days which makes me want to play all the more. My piano desperately needed tuning so my dad tuned it on Saturday....Tristen and I both have LOVED playing it since!! :)

So, that's our latest update....I'm sleepy from all my sewing and I think my pillow is calling my name. Good night!

2 comments:

jenny said...

Oh man... your sewing woes remind me of mine in my early days. I would swear, rip, throw things... ALL THE TIME. And finally, with my last project (a dress for Bella's birthday), I noticed that I finally enjoyed sewing and wasn't cussing anymore. :) Maybe that means I'm getting better! Way to go on making all the costumes.

And, Summer LOVES to play the piano... it makes me happy as well. But now I can't play without 2 sets of hands wanting to get in on the action...

Erika said...

I was SO ready just to rip it apart and be done! This gives me hope that I won't have to rip out every project I do (someday!) and get so frustrated every time I do something wrong! :)