Saturday, October 1, 2011

Shopping in My House

First off, thanks for all the sweet comments and encouragement about Tristen's underweight issues.....he's doing well and I'm feeling more and more calm about the whole situation. We're in a routine now which always helps! I thought back to this time last year and I remember having the same issue when the doctor said I was too small...remember that? And, he proved the doctor wrong by being almost 6 pounds at 35 weeks. Well, we're out to prove the doctor wrong again :)

Anywho, today I shopped......and didn't spend a penny. My interior designer sister-in-law tells people to "shop in their house" to gain ideas and rearrange your house without spending a dime. I've taken this lesson to all aspects of shopping....not just shopping for things for my home. Whether it be clothes, household items, scrapbooking, sewing, cards, etc.....I'm trying to do more shopping around in my house and not spend a dime. Which leads me to my latest challenge for myself.

Besides basic necessities,
I'm trying to go the whole month of October without spending a dime.
While I'm a pretty frugal person anyways, this will still be a bit hard because some deals are just too hard to pass up. But do I really need them? Probably not. So, here's to extreme frugal living this month! Wish we luck!! :)

Happy October!! We're off to try to take family pictures with the beautiful autumn leaves as our backdrop!! We'll see how our self-timed pictures turn out with a baby....I'm sure it will be an adventure!! :)

4 comments:

Matt Johnson said...

Does this count for Aaron too? Because I'm pretty sure he already has a video game pre-ordered that comes out on the 25th!

:-|

Erika said...

HA! Nope....just me....you're in luck :)

Aaron said...

Matt, good thing I preordered in full amount a couple months ago :) And Erika, yes it applies to me too...except when it comes to games, food, movies, and anything else I deem as a "need!"

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

GOOD ONE ERIKA! We're trying to be pretty extreme too as we're paying off debt, but I'm surprised at the little things I spend money on - mostly bagels at panera. :) Let me know how this goes, I'll be trying to do it from Story City, we can be no-spending buddies!