Saturday, October 29, 2011

Annual Costume Party!

We just got back from our Annual Halloween Costume Party and it was a blast!! We wish we could have stayed longer but this is Aaron's weekend to work and we were already tired from getting up at 5 this morning, and then the thought of getting up tomorrow that early? Umm, yeah...leaving at 9:00 was perhaps lame but much needed :) I'm headed to bed the second this blog post is written but I just wanted to share all the pics as soon as I could :) What a FUN night!!!

Aaron loves Lord of the Rings so I thought, "Why not go as Lord of the Rings characters?" We picked our favorite characters and I made costumes that resembled their outfits....I must admit that most everything is out of fabric remnants and these costumes were CHEAP CHEAP!!! And, even though my dress just about drove me crazy as I was making it, they were well worth it and it was SO much fun dressing up like Lord of the Rings!

Aaron as Legolas
I'm Eowyn
And, as much as Aaron wanted Tristen to be Gollum (Ha!), he was a Lion because it was super cute and I just plain wanted to make him a Lion :)After a few pics, we headed to the Costume Party and there were SO many great costumes!!!

Our Little Family in our attire :)
Bunny and a Piece of Gum Stuck Under a Chair...so clever :)Farmer and his wife! Ha!Superheroes!!
Cavepeople!!
Tristen didn't quite know what to make of all the costumes :)The cute babies in their costumes!!
Oh so fun :) I just love costumes! :) Okay, seriously, off to bed I go :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it! Great job! Tristen's is SO adorable!

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

WAY TO GO ERIKA! The costumes are adorable, I'm WAY impressed with the sewing ability! And Tristen is WAY TOO CUTE!