Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What a Week!!

Oh wow.....where do I even begin!?! My Christmas was wonderful, Tristen's birthday was wonderful (even though he hated his cake!), I'm gaining a new sister-in-law this summer, my niece is coming tomorrow if not before....a whole lot can happen in a week!! I'll split up the posts so you might be hearing from me a lot over the next few days :)

Even though Tristen's birthday was first, I'll save that one for another day....instead, here's all that happened on Christmas.

We had our family Christmas on Christmas Eve and it was definitely memorable! Aaron had to work early in the morning until late afternoon on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We tried to fit in as much as we could on Christmas Eve and realized we may have packed it just a little too full. Aaron and I were half asleep at 7:30pm and we were all out cold by 8:00 :) But, it was still fun to go to a Christmas Eve service, eat a Christmas dinner, watch Tristen try to open presents, and share in our second Christmas together as a family of 3 :)

I have to admit that Christmas Day was a little hard for the first few hours. I've been alone on Christmas before but it's still hard not to have your husband with you on a holiday. But, I watched a Christmas movie while Tristen slept and that got me into the Christmas spirit! Thankfully Aaron was able to join us for dinner that evening and for the biggest surprise that came later on! After he got off work, we headed over to Aaron's parents to celebrate Christmas with his family.

After the babies opened their presents and went to bed, we had a relaxing and delicious meal together before opening presents. A tradition on his side is to share something about the Christmas season or something that God has taught you over the course of the year before we open presents. I recall seeing all the men congregate to a room and whisper to each other but didn't think too much of it. Well, Aaron's dad wondered if we could do things different and instead of sharing, if the men could pray for their wives. I quickly said, "You mean, girlfriends too, right?" since I didn't want to make my friend Sarah (our brother-in-law, Nate's, girlfriend) feel weird. So, one by one, the men prayed for their wives in a special seat.

I thought it strange that my husband wanted to videotape everything and that the video camera was pointed toward the "special seat" the wives had to sit in but again, didn't think too much of it, and I also thought it strange that they had Nate pray for Sarah last since Nate is the oldest. However, as Nate was praying, I heard a rustling and glanced up to see him reach into his pocket and pull out a ring. As he finished his prayer for their future and Sarah looked up, he was down on one knee and asked her to be his wife in front of us all!! It was SO wonderful!!! :) And, the whole thing was on video....of course that's why my husband was videoing!!! Sarah was SO surprised and happy and it was just beautiful to watch :)

After hugs and congrats, we celebrated them as a couple for a while and were just in awe at what God had done in a year's time I'll write out their love story from my point of view (since Aaron and I did have an integral part in it!) another day but it has been a beautiful love story to watch unfold :)

Although presents were fun to open, we all said that we didn't need presents this year after that proposal :) We stayed overnight and were still a little in shock the next morning when we kept looking at her ring finger to make sure the night before had actually happened :) So beautiful, so wonderful.....:) That was our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day :) Memorable, eh? Okay, here are the pics....warning, there's a lot!

Christmas Eve Service at our church

Family Christmas Picture!

Tristen opening up his presents 

 Funny thing about kids this age....he didn't want to open up another present because he wanted to play with the one he just opened and then kept going back and forth between presents because there was so much to play with! He's checking out his new book here :)


Yummy dessert :) Even though he hates cake, he didn't mind a little pie :)

Christmas Day with Aaron's family. 
"Family Pictures" 
They will be a family next year!



 After the proposal! Look at that rock on her finger! 
  

 I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! Thanks for reading about mine!! More to come!!

No comments: