Thursday, December 1, 2011

Why My House is STILL Not Decorated!

I really had the BEST intentions of decorating my house for Christmas this past weekend. It's a tradition to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving but this year it just didn't happen. I have a wreath up and a Nativity up and that's it! But, we had a dilemma at our house.

These bad boys were blocking the place where our tree was to go.

You see, we don't have office space in our house and no bookshelves and/or closets to put all of Aaron's school supplies. They were starting to invade a corner of our house but we had no solution until we realized that we needed to find a place for them in order to put our tree up.

SO...Aaron came up with an idea of completely rearranging our second floor and trading Tristen's room with our extra room which would provide a place for ALL of his school supplies and give Tristen more floor space to play. While it was a great idea, it has thrown my house into complete chaos! And, on top of it, I have NO motivation to get it back in order :)

The start of Tristen's new room! The blanket is the room darkener right now :)

Oh goodness! How crazy that we decided to move rooms....bad timing but hey, already I feel like we have SO much more space because we can utilize the closet in Tristen's old room for things that actually need closet space!

So, I really do have a good reason....but now that it's December and snow is on the ground, I feel as though I need to kick into action and get my house organized and decorated for Christmas. Anyone want to come do it for me?? :)

Happy December!! What a busy but FUN month we have to look forward to!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love doing things like that! Always ends up being more work than expected, but fun to rearrange! :)