Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween this year

Halloween is in a week and this year, I'm not going all out :) FAR from it but I'm at least having fun putting together costumes and treat bags for my kids! Tristen will be a cow....he is in LOVE with cows and was staring at his costume last night and saying, "Cow?" He'll be wearing pajamas with a white cotton cow pattern over his pj's....SO simple!! Now to figure out the headgear for the cow...hmmm...I have a few ideas but I don't know how he'll do with something on his head :)

Last year I found out I was pregnant with Aubrey a few days before Halloween. So, I picked up a Bumblebee costume at next to nothing after Halloween so I wouldn't have to worry about a costume for a baby again. She looked a little like a boy in it so I threw together a tutu and made it a little cuter with a few added touches.

Last year I completely forgot about a treat bag (we don't do actual trick or treating....but instead go to the Nursing Home and visit the residents there. They LOVE seeing little kids in their costumes and I think it's a great alternative.....plus we can still get dressed up but we don't have to deal with the scary costumes that many kids in our neighborhood wear trick or treating) Sorry, way long side note but thought I would preface that to let you know WHY I would forget a treat bag! :) So, last year I forgot one and ran out the door with an Easter basket because it's the only thing I could find last minute! Haha!

This year, I'm prepared for our trip to the Nursing Home with two homemade treat bags for the kiddos! They were SO easy to make and I whipped them up yesterday afternoon during Tristen's nap! Felt is a girl's best friend during Halloween season :)


So, I'm pretty much done with Halloween prep this year....mine and Aaron's costumes are a secret but we didn't want anything that we would need to MAKE this year....just not going to happen with two little ones! So, instead we thought up a fun idea that requires no sewing whatsoever.....all we need is cardboard :) Go ahead, guess away. You won't figure out our costumes this year :)

1 comment:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Will's going to be a cow too! How funny is that...twinsies! Love your bags, so cute!