Tuesday, October 16, 2012

This "Sweet" Time in Life

I miss my husband. It's just a fact of life right now. Things just aren't the same without him home as much as I try to be the jungle gym for Tristen and the father who can get Aubrey to giggle just a certain way. I just can't replace his presence but I try my best to make up for it by being "all there" for my children day in and day out.

The hubby and I chatted it up for a few minutes this morning and he told me about his night. He's rotating staying with family and old friends since many are still in the Minneapolis area. Last night was one of his best friends from high school and Aaron sheepishly told me they stayed up until 3AM talking! 3AM! I could tell it was a great time and needed for both of them.

It got me thinking of my own "3AM talk" with my sister-in-law a few weeks back when we met at my inlaws house for a few days. We forgot we were moms for two nights and stayed up late talking the night away. I came away refreshed and energized to keep going in life. Keep being a mother and wife and giving it my all.

Although I miss my husband, I believe we have a unique opportunity at the moment to reconnect with old friends and family and be encouraged by their support. Our families have been so helpful with the kids and just listening to us talk about the intensity of Aaron's classes. I also believe we have the opportunity to find ways to  make this time in life "sweet".

The flowers that were delivered to my doorstep last week are a prime example. It was such a sweet gesture from my husband to let me know that he loved me and missed me. I've been trying to write more HANDWRITTEN notes to my husband (although, I must admit I've been bad in the last two weeks!) to send with him.

I want to look back at this time and remember it as being a sweet time in life. A sweet time for our marriage and a sweet time for friendships.

And I believe that if we keep making the most out of this opportunity, we will indeed look back and remember "this sweet time in life".

Some "sweet moments" we had a few weeks ago:


Lindsay, Evie, Tristen, Aubrey, and I went to a park and had a picnic......it was SO fun :) 




No comments: