Friday, December 5, 2008

In the Christmas Spirit

Yesterday was a snowy, fun-filled, beautiful wintry day! I was definitely in the Christmas spirit! We went to the annual Christmas parade down main street...it was FREEZING but very fun to see all the lighted floats :) And, they gave out candy but by the time they threw it, it was frozen! I learned that one the hard way :)

All bundled up for the parade

Then, after the parade, we were really feeling the Christmas spirit! We drove around, looking at the houses lit, listening to Christmas music, and rating neighborhoods. Although I'm a little biased, our neighborhood did a pretty good job of decorating their houses this year. We definitely decided it was the best out of all the neighborhoods in town :)

We came home, put on our Christmas lights, made cheese popcorn, and watched a movie. How Christmasy!! :)


Our shimmering Christmas tree and entertainment center :)

*sigh* Lately I've just been overwhelmed with God's goodness, provision, and grace. Especially God's grace. I've been meditating on how God sent his Son to earth as a little innocent baby, then He died on the cross for our sins, even when we have absolutely not deserved it, and then loves us though we are a fallen nation, a fallen human, have a fallen nature. Sometimes we think we're "entitled" to things. Entitled to a Christmas present, entitled to a perfect life, entitled to no struggles, so on and so forth. We are not entitled to anything....what we (I'm talking mostly to myself) should be focusing on is God. Alright, that's my little musings for the day. It's just really been on my mind lately and I really need to work on getting my mind off myself and onto God. :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Your Christmas tree and entertainment center look GREAT! I am planning on doing the same this weekend! ;)

Erika said...

Ooooo, I want to see pics when you do!!!