Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Update: Part 1~Thankfulness

I have alot of things to say so I need to split up my posts just a bit! So, here is our Thanksgiving update: Part 1~Thankfulness

We had a really great Thanksgiving. It felt a little surreal as I was sitting at my in-laws eating turkey and all the other "Thanksgiving" traditional foods. I didn't reflect, didn't even really think about what I was thankful and who I was thankful to. Maybe it was because I was just enjoying their company so much or maybe I was too full...but for whatever reason, I want to reflect now...even though it is 4 days after Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for:
*My heavenly Father. Words cannot express how much I am thankful for His love and redemption in my life.

*My dear husband. I am so blessed by this man :)

*My parents who patiently raised me.
*My brother

*My inlaws who have accepted me into their family
*My "in-law" siblings

*My dog who just sits and cuddles up to me when I need it the most

*A shelter over my head

*A Christian heritage

*My dear friends and family...each one of you has influenced my life greatly

*My job

*Aaron's job and the students that have been such an encouragement to me



*Our church

Those are the big ones...we all could probably have a long list of things. If I forgot someone/something really important, I apologize :)

Lord, I pray that we would not just be thankful on Thanksgiving. Give us thankful hearts and let us always remember what YOU have done for us and how you have given us more than we deserve.

No comments: