Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Update: Part 2~Black Friday

Part 2 covers what our day looked like last Friday....the Friday some affectionately call "Black Friday". First, background info. We live an hour from the closest mall. SO, when we want to get something, we have to be very strategic and really plan ahead. Since Aaron's family lives right by a mall, we decided that we would hit up the Black Friday deals. Last year we tried but failed when we got there too late (I think we started shopping at 1:00 in the afternoon!) So, this year was different and we were on a mission!

We weren't quite as hardcore as some, but getting up at 5:30 was hard enough! Slowly but surely we got ourselves ready and headed to Target first. At 6:30, we walked into absolute chaos! The line was all the way to the back of the store and it was a 45 minute wait just to check out! Umm, no thank you. We headed out of there and went to some other stores and what we found were....DEALS, DEALS, and more DEALS!! I know I shouldn't be surprised because I've shopped on Black Friday before but this year was especially good! My patient husband stuck with me every step of the way as we shopped for our families and each other. We took a little break to say goodbye to Aaron's brother and then headed back to the stores.

6:00 that evening, we were finally done. And now, we are all done Christmas shopping :) Like I said before, though, we have to be when we live so far away from the nearest mall! And that was our shopping excursion....wow :)


*My poor, poor husband :) (I'm in the background ordering a few online purchases during our afternoon break! :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

What a devoted hubby you have! I'm not sure Ben would've shopped with me on black Friday! ;)