Wednesday, December 10, 2008

New Revelation

I had a new revelation today. But, before you think you're going to read something really deep and thought-provoking....my new revelation is this: I despise doing laundry!!

I always thought it was maybe because I had to have a "certain amount of quarters" my freshmen year of college. Then, in my later years of college, they went to a credit card system which made my life even more difficult because I had to go to a different building to put money on my card.

I thought everything would be perfect after I got married. The washer and dryer was just down the hall and it was back to quarters. WRONG! :) I was awful at it there too. So, when we moved into our house almost two years ago, I thought everything would be perfect....I had my OWN washer and dryer, didn't have to pay quarters, and could do it whenever. hahahahahahahaha

NOW, my big thing is...."if only I didn't have to go out to my garage to get to my basement" and "if only I had a laundry shoot!" :) So, my revelation is that no matter what my laundry circumstances are, I really hate the chore :) Anyone else share my despise of it? :)

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I definitely share your despise! I think it's partly because it never stays done! Just a few hours after I complete the washing, drying, folding, and putting away of six loads, there are clothes back in the basket! Grrr... But I am VERY thankful to not have to collect quarters anymore!

Amber said...

I despise it so much that when Ben volunteered to do it, I said YES! I rarely do any laundry and I don't miss it one bit!

sarah said...

Yes, I too HATE it. However, you should talk to my mom, supposedly she LOVES to do laundry. I sure didn't inherit those genes! Maybe you can work out something with her! :) Not to discourage you but wait until the kids come along... oh to have a maid...

Erika said...

So glad I'm not alone :) haha..I know, once you get it done, then it seems like a few days later, there's another pile to do! Just watch, I have septuplets...then I would TRULY need a maid :)

Anonymous said...

Well, now...........I have actually liked doing laundry SINCE it has become convenient to do so. I do longer do laundromats or drag things to a damp basement. Maybe it won't be so distastefull once your family room is done. I'm trying to be hopeful. I personally dislike cooking and cleaning bathrooms!
Have a great weekend, dear! (hopefully laundry free!)

Anonymous said...

I am "anonymous"! And I thought I finally figured this out!
Marcia