Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Last Day of Freedom

I don't like goodbyes. I guess, who does? As I sent my hubby off to work a few minutes ago, I remembered what tomorrow will bring: Going back to work and an extremely busy schedule until our baby comes. I've been sad this week because it feels like such finality....the last days of "just us"

*sigh* So, I've been in a funk lately and super emotional....stupid pregnancy hormones :) I'll blame it mostly on that. We've had such a great month of quality time and I know most married couples don't have that luxury so I'm sooooo thankful but sad to see it go :) I am definitely not complaining, just emotional thinking about how fast life is moving and how time is ticking away...

Baby Willey LOVES to kick and move and sometimes I think he's going to come out as a toddler, ready to conquer the world. My fears were lived out in a dream last night as I had our baby and after 5 hours, he was already running around, getting into trouble and a friend was shouting at me "Discipline your baby!" HA! Oh, and his name was Stellaluna....Stell for short (I just bought that book at a garage sale) :) I woke up laughing and little disturbed :)

Tonight it's another night of helping with VBS :) This week I've been able to meet a few more people from our church and it's been wonderful! I hope you're all doing well....again, know that I'm not complaining and I'm so excited about being a mother, but I'm just sad that this stage in my life is coming to an end so SO soon :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think everyone goes through the sadness of no more "just us" after the baby is born, so you're not alone! I remember being so sad that mine and Ethan's time was "ending" and we hadn't even been married for a year yet! Make sure you guys have date nights after the baby is born! :) Sounds like your baby is going to be a lot like Keagan, he'll probably be running by the time he's 1!