Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Little More Real

Wow. This is for real. I haven't let myself look too hard into baby things until this week when we finally SAW our baby and it became real that we're going to be parents in a few months. I'm feeling just a little overwhelmed (trying to figure what we need vs. what would be nice but not a necessity) but very VERY excited and anxious at the same time.

*Yes, we have a name picked out but we're going to TRY to keep it a secret until Baby Willey gets here. Plus, we're debating about how to spell it and I don't want people siding with my husband :) J/K I think his spelling will win in the long run because I'm caving in already :)

*I'm a little bummed I have to be the girl in all this because Aaron actually got to watch the baby at the ultrasound where I had to tilt my head to barely see him.....so, I'm taking Aaron's word for it that he saw an Albertson nose on our child :) We'll see if he's right :)

*As this is becoming more real, I am remembering how much I am NOT a baby person. May be a shocker to alot of you (since I'm a teacher!!) but I would rather hang out with a 2+ year old than a baby. I was asked to help out with either the Nursery or the elementary aged kids at our church's VBS and I quickly volunteered to work with the older kids....will this end after I have my own? We will see :)

*I bought a diaper bag today :) I've been having this recurring dream that I don't have a diaper bag so I put an end to that :) Also, the day after I found out we were having a boy, I went out and bought.....a girl's outfit. What? :) It was ADORABLE and only $2.60 (It was priced wrong I think!) but won't be the right season/size for any friends so I'm just going to keep it :) I'll just blame it on the pregnancy hormones and hope I have a girl that I can use it on someday :)

*sigh* What a random, random post :) I guess it puts my thoughts into a nutshell....they are running 100 mph and I'm overanalyzing, anxious, nervous, excited, and going crazy :) Ah, the joys of being pregnant...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I know exactly how you feel -- I felt the same way with Keagan. I was so overwhelmed with what I should get and what I NEEDED. I remember crying to Ethan one day because I didn't think we were going to have anything for him when he was born! Luckily, you really don't much when the baby is born. You need the necessities like diapers, a few outfits, you know -- things like that. But trust me, you will get TONS of stuff from baby showers (things that you didn't even know you'd want or need!) and you'll be good to go! :) Don't stress out about it!! And about buying the girl outfit -- I would TOTALLY do the same thing!!! haha!

jenny said...

I think every mother feels that way. And yes, I also agree that Father's really don't have anything to complain about. I mean, we go through hell for 9 months and then go through another level of hell to give birth. The baby gets handed to the dad and the dr says, "here's YOUR baby." WHAT?!?!? :-)

I also am not a big fan of infants, but really, it is SO different when it's your own. SO don't worry...