Saturday, April 5, 2008

Do I really look THAT young?

Well, I'm finally awake after a really long, but really fun lock-in with our junior high students! It seriously went sooooo fast and I have to admit that I think Aaron and I were more awake than any of our kids! There were quite a few other churches there so it was fun to meet other youth pastor's and their wives and other students. I thought I was finally starting to look older and as it's nearing my 24th birthday, I thought I was finally looking like an adult. Well, last night proved me wrong! I thought I would share this hilarious story that happened last night!

About 4:30 in the morning, a few students and I were playing a game of Sorry. A girl from a different church came over and was complaining about how tired she was. She had a few energy drinks and she was still exhausted. Very energetically I said, "I'm not tired at all!! But, it's probably because I slept all day to prepare for this." She gave me a confused look and said, "Did you skip school or something?" haha! She thought I was a junior higher! My mouth dropped and I started laughing....she was really confused and said, "Oh, I'm sorry...did you graduate already?" Laughing harder, I said, "Haha! Actually, I graduated from college, I'm 23 and married to the youth pastor!" She did not believe me at first I don't think but finally said, "You look like a junior higher. Are you really married?" hahaha...oh the joys of looking young!

On the bright side though, I decided this is a good thing. Since I look 13 when I'm 23, that means that when I'm 30, I'll finally look like I'm 20! And, when I'm 40, I'll only look 30! haha...I'll just have to endure looking like a junior higher for a few more years until I can finally look like a high schooler! :) haha :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

what a good story! :) everyone says it's better to look younger than you really are, because you'll appreciate it later in life! i sometimes worry about looking too young especially now that i'm pregnant! i've gotten a few weird looks from older women.

Erika said...

Haha! That is very true! You and I will look so young when our kids are old! Yea! :)