Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Encouragement...just when I needed it

I am amazed time and time again at how God works. I absolutely love the little surprises He gives us every day and the ways He reminds me time and time again that He knows what He's doing in my life. This week has been hard...but also good in many ways. Aaron and I decided we wanted to take initiative and get to know people. So, we scheduled four dinner dates in four days! Haha...we were a little too hard core :) On top of the scheduled events, life threw it's extra craziness and yesterday I found myself finally done with everything at 10:30pm. I was truly exhausted and really just needing encouragement.

After our dinner date tonight with a student, Aaron looked at me and said, "I order you to not come to youth group tonight. You need a break. Relax and watch a movie." Well, I opted for American Idol instead, but it was a somewhat relaxing night. Around 10:00, Aaron still wasn't home and I heard this knock on my door. I tried to figure who in the world would be knocking at my door at 10:00 at night, but when you're in ministry, that actually isn't that abnormal, so I cautiously went to the door and saw two wonderful youth group girls standing at my door! :) They had written me a note telling me they missed me in youth group and they hoped I felt better. They probably thought it was such a simple gesture but it encouraged me so much and reminded me WHY I'm in ministry. These students need an older sister/mentor just to come alongside of them....and in the same way, God is using them tremendously in my life. I have learned so much about myself and about relating to others this year, but most of all, I have been soooo encouraged by them. I am so thankful for the people that God has put into my life and I pray that I will be as much of an encouragement to them as they are to me :)

No comments: