Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Have you ever heard of.......

So, tonight at junior high youth group, the students and I had the most hilarious discussion about "old shows" they sometimes watch on cable. I was laughing hysterically when all of them were shows I grew up on.

Emily: Hey, guys, have you ever heard of the show "Rin, Tin, Tin"?
Katy: No, what's that? Hey, have you heard of the show "Saved By the Bell"?
Erika: I LOVE that show! It's my favorite!! If you ever want to watch it, I have all the seasons!
Emily: Saved By the Bell? Nope, I've never heard of that.
Emily: What about Full House? Have you seen that?
Katy: A few times. It's okay.
Erika: I LOVE that show!
Emily: Family Matters? Oh, and that one guy....Urkle or something.
Erika: *laughing hysterically*
Erika: Have you guys ever seen MacGyver?
Emily: What's that?
Katy: Huh? Nope.

The conversation went on for a while longer with the comments such as "That show is sooooo old. You had the best tv when you were growing up." and so on. It was hilarious. Thought I would share this story with all of us '80s folk! :) Oh to live in the '80s and '90s again!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It's funny and sad all at the same time because that means we're getting old!!!