Sunday, April 13, 2008

Winter To Summer?

I don't exactly know where spring went, but it certainly feels like summer outside today in Iowa! Yesterday, however, we woke up to fresh snow on our ground! It was absolutely freezing and we felt cooped up in our house. We were especially sad for our students who had prom last night....it was sooooo cold...I think in the 30's? Yikes. Our two girls still looked gorgeous, though, amidst the coldness. Hopefully our kids who have prom next week will have better weather.

Today, Aaron and I were able to enjoy the outdoors by having our first campfire! A little Sunday afternoon campfire....we're looking forward to many more this summer. As I was watching the fire, I got a sudden desire to go camping and become a wilderness woman....*sigh* maybe in a few weeks :)

2 comments:

Coley Bloomquist said...

You're so lucky! Camp Shamineau in MN got 15 inches of snow just two days ago! Glad to hear you guys are doing well.

Michelle said...

I'm not sure which I would rather have...the snow and the 45 degrees or the extreme heat of 100 degrees in April! Seriously, 100 degrees today, I can't even believe it.