Monday, May 5, 2008

A Beautiful Weekend

I don't get to see my extended family very much anymore so whenever I have the chance, I try to jump on it. This past weekend, my cousin Brian got married and Aaron and I made the trip up to North Dakota. It was a beautiful weekend and very encouraging to see so many of my dear relatives. Thursday night, we were blessed to see my cousin Amber and her husband Ben in Fargo. We spent the night and had a great talk the next morning....I absolutely love how it doesn't seem like a day went by since the last time I talked to Amber. Our conversations always pick up where they left off and Amber always encourages me soooo much.

Friday was the day of the wedding and it was sooooo fun! I have always loved weddings....when I was single, however, I loved weddings because of the colors, the dresses, the flowers, etc. Although I still love those things, I love them even more now because I see what an incredible thing marriage is. I love sitting next to my husband and squeezing his hand as the couple recites their vows. My grandparents always resaid their vows during weddings and Aaron and I do as well, especially the "For richer, for poorer" part. That always brings a laugh to our lips! The year following our own wedding was tough and money was hard to come by, but because of it, we can say that even through the hard financial times, we stuck with it...maybe we can get to that "for richer" part soon (haha! Just kidding!)...:) The other vows are a little more serious and we take them to heart as we resay them... I also love applying the sermons to my own marriage....weddings really are special in more ways than one. It was a beautiful weekend!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

So the money situation WILL get better after the first year?! :) I now understand what everyone meant when they said the first year was going to be the hardest...but it's so worth it! Marriage is amazing! You and Amber are so cute, I miss everyone so much, and I don't often realize it until I see pictures of family!!!

Erika said...

Haha...the money situation got better for us!! :)I think the first year is always the hardest! Maybe by year three, we'll both be millionaires! haha! :) Kidding!

Amber said...

It was such a blessing to see you both, Erika. We had a great time! I loved our morning coffee time and our talks about life and work...it's exciting to hear what God is doing in your life! You and Aaron are welcome ANYTIME! We loved having you stay!

Love ya...