Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Driving Lesson

After my last post, I thought I should give a little update...I can now officially drive a stick shift and will never be in that position again (I hope!) Aaron got home from his retreat on Tuesday and said, "Erika, are you ready for your driving lesson?" "What?" I was not ready at all...BUT, I hopped in the car and only killed it a few times....you see, I was forced to learn because this past weekend, we drove to Bismarck, ND, for my cousin's wedding. Since it was a 9 hour trip, we decided to split up the driving....and since gas is so expensive, taking the car with the best mileage was the only way. I actually find enjoyment in it now and even catch myself pretending to drive a stick when I'm driving our automatic. What a funny thing though....having another driving lesson...I felt like I was 16 again :) Anyway, just a little update :)

2 comments:

jenny said...

I'm glad you learned. I learned when I was in college and it took me a whole summer - seriously! But now I love it and really want to get a stick (we just have an automatic jeep). Thank you for your sweet comment on my facebook. And thank you for praying... our baby is so blessed by everyone's prayers! Isn't blogging a great way to keep in touch with all these old college friends?? I love reading yours, too...

Michelle said...

Isn't it fun now that you know how?? My dad taught me in high school and I always felt so cool when I had guy friends who didn't know how to drive a stick, but I did. :)