Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Peanut Butter Toast, Memorial Day, and Other Ramblings

In my job teaching preschool, we had breakfast with the kids every day. One day I saw on the menu "Peanut Butter Toast". Peanut Butter Toast? Honestly, I thought it was soooo strange. But, to encourage my students to eat, I graciously ate the peanut butter toast, but certainly did not like it. This morning, I woke up, exercised, watered my plants outside, wrote up a list of things to do and all of a sudden got this extreme craving for what? Peanut Butter Toast! I'm eating it as I speak and I actually like it now! You should give it a try :) Funny how that works!
This past weekend was a bit crazy, but turned out to be a very enjoyable weekend! We had planned on staying at home for the whole weekend but a few difficult circumstances happened on Sunday sending us to our knees praying and leaving us emotionally drained. We looked at each other and both said, "We need to get away." It was 2:00 Sunday afternoon and Aaron said, "Do you think we could visit our parents for Memorial Day?" Our parents only live an hour apart from each other so we called them up, worked out the details and packed as fast as we could to make it to Mankato on Sunday night and then headed over to Forest City on Monday morning. It was incredibly refreshing to see not only our parents but our siblings and to clear our heads.

I may be a bit more of a sporatic blogger in the next few weeks. We have an incredibly busy schedule! Aaron's sister is getting married on June 13th so we have showers and rehearsals until then and next week is our church's VBS which both Aaron and I will be helping with. I'm trying to figure out how to make a boat for 20 kids to get into...any grand ideas, send them over my way! Hope that you all have an incredible Wednesday!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I like peanut butter on toast. I really like jelly and a slice of cheese on toast even better!

Mrs. Farley said...

Happy to find your blog! I love blogs. Thanks for your post on mine, you are sweet. I have to say I can not believe you have never had peanut butter toast! :D I LOVE it. It is my fav. We had it a lot growing up, maybe that is because my dad really likes p.b. and bread, who knows. But, I am really glad you discovered it. Your posts are super cute. If you like cinnamon and sugar, that is a fun twist to add to the p.b. toast. Hope all is well!