Sunday, May 18, 2008

Content

Today, I experienced contentment and peace. Although laying out in the sun, reading a book while petting my dog and talking to my husband may have helped, it was not the main cause of my contentment. My attitude is different. My perspective of the life that God has given me is different. I am finally surrendering and beginning to look to Christ to help me in the times I am not content and wanting the "next step in life" to happen. Whether that be going back to school, making new friends, having kids...I was so focused on the future that I was not focusing on Christ and the here and now. Finally, today, I experienced the most inexpressible joy I have in a long time. Not happiness.... it was pure joy and real contentment in my life.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for those words -- I feel the same way quite often!

Amber said...

Your blog today left me feeling cozy and full of warm fuzzies! Miss ya, girl!