Monday, February 16, 2015

February Photo Challenge: Day 14

Beauty:
The word that started this photo challenge in the beginning. Beauty can be pretty distorted. The perfectly skinny, flawless skin, airbrushed model is what we think beauty is. But, oh goodness, it is not.
 
A book study with friends has been challenging me to document the "gifts" that God has given to us. It has been making me slow down in life....take it all in and document it. Through it, I've been documenting things that I find beautiful. The worn hands of the elderly who has cooked endless meals for those they love. The freshness of a new baby. Seeing a couple go through their first year of marriage and hearing of the newfound wisdom they have. The smile on a child's face when they experience a holiday for the first time. The unique characteristics that make up each person. Seeing a marriage be restored when it was thought to be broken.  
 
So, how did I document beauty on Valentine's Day?
I could have had many ways:
Hearing my kids wake up to monkey bread in the oven and saying, "Look what mommy made for breakfast!!!!" (it's usually cereal around these parts, ya'll!)
My kids experiencing their first Surprise birthday party (and reenacting it! Ha! Sarah, they loved being part of it and keep hiding and saying surprise!)
Writing out Valentine's cards for each other
but,
I took a picture of Aubrey getting flowers for Valentine's Day. We've been seeing Aubrey's tender heart so much lately. It was such a sweet moment to see her opening up flowers that Tristen wanted to get for her. Her tenderness and thankfulness were so beautiful and so is her heart.

No comments: