Sunday, December 19, 2010

In 9 months time...

A lot can happen in 9 months time. Obviously, the physical.....a baby grew inside of me! I knew I would gain weight, be uncomfortable, "look" pregnant but I never knew about the other changes that would happen in 9 months time.

I'm talking about the change in my heart. The absolute LOVE that is spilling out of Aaron and I right now as we think about holding our son. The joy that we are experiencing in our "last days" and the ways in which we are not thinking about it being the ending but another new beginning in our life. The maturity that I have gone through in the last 2 months as I anticipate devoting my life to being this child's mother.

*Sigh* It's been a wonderful few days of relaxing, reflecting, and getting ready. I know this new journey won't be all fun and games but, I'm so excited nonetheless and am trusting God to take us step by step as we enter a new phase in life. It is reminding me of the week of my wedding where I was on the brink of change....and, I couldn't do anything about it but just LIVE in the moment, soak up every second of the here and the now, and move one foot in front of the other.

So, that's what I'm doing :) Next time I blog I pray that we will be a family of three...whether it be tomorrow, Tuesday, or whenever this little one decides to make his appearance. And, I know that just like my wedding day, the day he comes will only be the beginning of a beautiful change in my life. Not always easy...but beautiful just the same :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Erika, I'm so excited for you to be a mommy! You and Aaron will be amazing parents and this little guy is going to be so blessed and loved!

Cassie said...

Oh Erika, that warmed my heart. I hope I feel the same way in May. :) I can't wait to hear all about your little guy's appearance into the world! I'll be praying for you three!