Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oh the things they'll say!

I have 4 more days left until maternity leave! Yay! I'm starting to get a little nervous because 1) the weather hasn't been the greatest lately 2) I have a 20 minute commute and I don't want to get stuck at work while in labor and 3) I'm 38 weeks pregnant! The baby could come anyday!

So, 4 days left.....I'm trying to hold off on going into labor until Friday :) (Like I can really stop it!) Anyways....lately my preschoolers have been HILARIOUS! My job can be really draining physically and emotionally but lately these quotes/moments have been keeping me going. Enjoy:

Student: Miss Erika, how did you get a baby in your belly? Did you EAT it!?!

Student: Miss Erika, how can you eat still if there is a baby in your belly?

Student: When is your baby coming out?
Me: Just in time for Christmas!
Student: In a Christmas present?
(I'm just envisioning her thinking about me opening up a Christmas present to find a baby wrapped up inside!)

This week has been "dr. week" at school so all the kids have been dressing up as doctors. They run over to me and check my heart and then put the stethoscope on my belly to check my baby's heart. It's adorable :)

Boy Student: I have a baby too! (As he sticks out his tummy and walks funny....Hmm, I guess that's what I look like? :)

Oh goodness! I'm sure there's more but I can't remember them! Well, off to work! I can't wait for Friday!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I loved when I was pregnant with Keagan and I worked at the school. Kids really do say the cutest things! I love the eating comments the best -- it's so funny how their minds work!

You're SO close, any day now!!!! Woohoo for only 4 days of work left!

Rachel Farley said...

This is hilarious!!

SO did you tell the girl how you REALLY got the baby in there ?! :)

That would be quite the parent phone call to receive!!

Enjoy your last few days girl!!

Erika said...

HA! No but I should have! :) I just smiled and said, "Ask your mommy!" Way to bring that subject up in the house, right??

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

OH MY WORD, so funny!